Learn to deal with market challenges specific to the food and beverage industries
The programme offers theoretical courses where academic research and advanced marketing principles are juxtaposed with real-life case studies.
Layout of the programme:
Phase 1 : Core courses:
- Corporate Strategy & Marketing (overview of marketing and management)
- Cross-cultural marketing (bases of international marketing)
- Food culture & sociology – the history of taste and the importance of it in culture
- Statistics for business – understanding how to conduct and interpret research
- Business Law – related to food and wine
- Food economics, agribusiness & sustainability – the world of tomorrow….
- Food and drink consumer behavior (incl. sensory marketing)
- Geopolitics of food and wine
- Food & drink retailing & logistics – from farm (to factory) to table
- HR & Team management + services marketing
- Business dev. & account management (including export focus)
- Communication & brand management (incl. digital)
- Territorial & collective marketing + food/oeno tourism
- Entrepreneurship – building a taste business from scratch
Phase 2 : Professional experience mandatory: internship, mission, employment, incubator.
Phase 3 : Final dissertation
At NEOMA BS, we use an immersion and experiential approach:
« Learning by doing » workshops to help students gain food and wine culture and better understand the implications and applications of theoretical concepts.
- A schedule of visits to wineries, restaurants, and other food and wine providers (e.g., barrel-maker, glass blower, farms) will be provided.
- Conferences with and by wine, food and service professionals.
- 8-month long case study concerning a business in Champagne.
Study Tour in St-Catharine's, Ontario, Canada with our partner, Brock University
The Study Tour optional for the 2020-2021 cohort will take place with our partner, Brock University. Students will live an exciting week in the heart of the Niagara-on-the-Lake region, learning about New World perspectives on wine and gastronomy. This study tour will cap-off eight months of learning in Reims and occur right before students leave on their six-month internships. A week in the heart of the global financial district where you’ll meet portfolio managers and hedge fund managers while also visiting global financial institutions.
Get the WSET certifications
The WSET Level 2 and Level 3 qualifications will be offered to the students, via our partnership with the Avize Viti Campus. These optional certifications will allow students to validate their wine knowledge with a worldwide recognized certification.
|SEMESTER 1||SEMESTER 2|