The programme offers theoretical courses where academic research and advanced marketing principles are juxtaposed with real-life case studies.
Layout of the programme:
Phase 1 : Core courses:
- Corporate Strategy & Marketing (overview of marketing and management)
- Cross-cultural marketing (bases of international marketing)
- Food culture & sociology – the history of taste and the importance of it in culture
- Statistics for business – understanding how to conduct and interpret research
- Business Law – related to food and wine
- Food economics, agribusiness & sustainability – the world of tomorrow….
- Food and drink consumer behavior (incl. sensory marketing)
- Geopolitics of food and wine
- Food & drink retailing & logistics – from farm (to factory) to table
- HR & Team management + services marketing
- Business dev. & account management (including export focus)
- Communication & brand management (incl. digital)
- Territorial & collective marketing + food/oeno tourism
- Entrepreneurship – building a taste business from scratch
Phase 2 : Professional experience mandatory: internship, mission, employment, incubator.
Phase 3 : Final dissertation
At NEOMA BS, we use an immersion and experiential approach:
« Learning by doing » workshops to help students gain food and wine culture and better understand the implications and applications of theoretical concepts.
- A schedule of visits to wineries, restaurants, and other food and wine providers (e.g., barrel-maker, glass blower, farms) will be provided.
- Conferences with and by wine, food and service professionals.
- 8-month long case study concerning a business in Champagne.
- Cross-cultural Marketing
- Food Culture, Anthropology and Sociology
- Insights for Business
- Food and Beverage Business Law
- Food Economics, Agribusiness and Sustainability
- Consumer Behavior: Sensory and Experiential Marketing
- Individual Trajectory
- Leadership Seminar
- Geopolitics of Food and Wine
- Territorial and Collective Marketing
- Food and Drink Retailing and Logistics
- Team Management - HR & Services Management
- Business Development and Account Management
- Communication and Branding: Building a Reputation
- Entrepreneurship - Creating a Taste Business
- Final Simulation
- Research Proposal
- Final Dissertation