EXCELLENCE - IMPLICATION - COMMITMENT
The MSc Finance, Investment and Wealth Management provides rigorous training in finance, helping you to develop your analytical and financial management skills. The programme puts a strong emphasis on the real estate and all its features as well as the preparation of the CFA® level II examination.
Layout of the programme: Two Tracks
Track 1: CFA Track
This track prepares students to succeed CFA Level 1 and Level 2 examinations, the most coveted certification in financial analysis worldwide in the school that displays top competitive scores. This track also offers an introduction for the Level 3, which brings students closer towards earning the CFA Chart – Chartered Financial Analyst.
- Semester 1 - From January till June: Preparation of the CFA Level I : a holistic tour of finance
From January till April, students are provided with a strong foundation of advanced investment analysis
May is a crucial period for revisions and practice with a Mock exam (CFA® France) mid-May
The official CFA Level I is at the beginning of June
- Semester 2: From September till December:
Time for implementing financial technologies and innovative approaches. Courses on Behavioural Finance, FinTech, Financial Programming & Data Analysis and Sustainable Finance will open the student’s mind to alternative approaches of finance while providing them with new technologies and advanced programming skills.
Two transversal projects will be implemented during this period: writing an investment report and an asset managing project that will provide students to CFA® level 3 skills.
Courses are shared with the Real Estate & Wealth Management Track
- Semester 3: From January till June:
Preparation of the CFA Level II
Note: Awarding of the MSc Finance, Investment and Wealth Management diploma is not dependent on the validation of CFA Level I or II.
Track 2: Real Estate and Wealth Management Track
It highlights transactions and estate planning while focusing on the real estate in the asset allocation process. It equips students with all the features to understand perfectly this challenging and performing investment.
- Semester 1 – From September till December: Innovative Finance & FinTech This track starts in September and during this first semester courses are shared with the CFA Track: Behavioral Finance, FinTech, Financial Programming & Data Analysis, Sustainable Finance.
- Semester 2 – From January to June: Real Estate & Wealth Management Participants will learn about asset management in general with real-world portfolio management skills and then focus on Real Estate as a financial investment. A visit to PriceWaterhouse Luwembourg will take place during the semester.
Note: this track does not encompass a CFA preparation. However, if you have already cleared the CFA Level 1 it is possible to begin in September and switch to the CFA Level II preparation in the second semester of the program.
Last semester for both tracks: From June till December: Time for hand-on experience - “company immersion”
From June to December, students will be immersed in real life situations, combining a professional experience as an intern or an employee either in a company or financial institution.
- Internship: 4 to 6 months, in France or abroad
- Final dissertation and oral defence
The program culminates with a 4 to 6 month internship (either in France or abroad) and the professional thesis (oral defence)
List of Courses
- Behavioural Finance
- Fin Tech & Digitalisation
- Financial Modeling for a Business Plan
- Financial Programming & Data Analysis I
- Financial Programming & Data Analysis II
- Sustainable Finance
- Individual Trajectory & Leadership
- Research Methodology & Final Dissertation
- Writing an equity investment note
- Managing a portfolio for a family office: Investment Policy Statement, Capital Market Expectations, Strategic Asset Allocation, Portfolio Performance calculation, final report.
+ CFA Track
- CFA in Practice : Building Investment Policy Statements (introduction CFA level III)
- Corporate Finance and Equity Investments
- Derivatives & Alternative Investments
- Economics & Financial Reporting Analysis
- Ethics & Quantitative Methods
- Fixed Income
- Mock Training
- Portfolio Management
+ Real Estate & Wealth Management Track
- Real Estate Industry
- Real Estate Valuation
- Wealth Management and Estate Planning
- Real Estate Law and Taxation
- Ethics and Sustainability in the Real Estate Industry
- Alternative Investments
- Corporate Finance and Wealth Creation
- Risk Management and Derivatives