MSc Accounting, Auditing & Advisory Curriculum
In terms of knowledge and skills, students will acquire at the end of the program:
- Strong skills in management accounting based on strong knowledge bases in financial accounting and finance;
- A strong understanding of strategic thinking and how to support strategic management;
- A strong understanding of the challenges of tomorrow's organizations (how to accompany major and sometimes disruptive changes).
Layout of the programme:
Phase 1 : Core Courses
Introduction to financial reporting, advanced management accounting, planning budgeting and forecasting, external financial reporting decisions, managing financial decisions, risk management and internal controls, financial statement analysis, strategic performance management, data & analytics for strategic decisions, managing social responsability, governance and ethics ; consulting services
Phase 2 : Professional experience mandatory : internship, mission, employment, Incubator
Phase 3 : Final dissertation
At NEOMA BS, we use an immersion and experiential approach
- “Active teaching”: a relevant combination of theoretical content, feedbacks from corporate experiences, practical cases and case studies / simulations co-organized with partners;
- Implementation through presentation of theory and concepts illustrated by feedbacks; coached group works; presentation, interaction and discussions.
We operate with audit firms (the “Big4” and Mazars); consulting companies (such as CGI; Wavestone; etc.); companies using BI systems and tools.
NEOMA BS also operates with IMA (Institute of Management Accountants), one of the largest and most respected association focused on advancing the management accounting profession. It offers its members exclusive access to the CMA programme.
- Consulting Services
- External Financial Reporting Decisions
- Introduction to Financial Reporting
- Managing Financial Decisions
- Planning, Budgeting and Forecasting
- Managing challenging organizational environments in Advisory, Accounting and Auditing
- Individual Trajectory
- Leadership Seminar
- Advanced Management Accounting
- Data & Analytics for Strategic Decisions
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Managing Social Responsibility, Governance & Ethics
- Risk Management & Internal Controls
- Strategic Performance Management
- Final Simulation
- Research Proposal
- Final Dissertation