With major sporting partners, NEOMA Business School has created the Sport Federations and Major Events Management programme, giving participants a solid insight into the French success story of event management through modules taught at our Reims campus, visits to Federations in Paris (45 mins from Reims) and guest speakers.
- Sport Management - The French Model, Strengths and Future Challenges.
Students will learn about the French governance of sport as well as its key strengths and weaknesses.
- Managing Major Sporting Events - Sports Event to Softpower Influence
The following topics will be handled:
- Running and the bidding process,
- From Stadium events to the slopes of the Alps. Includes visit to FIS – International SKI Cross Event, Megeve jan 31 2020,
- The Women’s World Cup,
- Rugby World Cup 2023
- Olympic Games 2024.
- Sports Sponsorship and Marketing - Strategies for Federations and Clubs
Students are offered a unique insight into the running of the Football, Rugby and Hand Ball Federations including visits and presentations from directors and staff.
- Football Club CEO – Capstone simulation project
The simulation will allow students to manage and run a football club from financial planning to players management and at the same time Implementing their own strategy and development plans.
- Lectures by highly qualified NEOMA BS faculty and guest faculty members
- Visits and talks from 3 major Federations FFF, FFR, FFOC in Paris
- A close-up view of the Tour de France, Stage 9 Reims-Nancy on 9th July
- Visit to Reims FC - Hosting 4 matches of the FIFA Womens World Cup 2019
- Visit to Carbon Champagne - official sponsor of Formula 1 and Bugatti.
The programme is not only a great opportunity for students interested in a career in sport management but also for students simply wishing to know more about this global and dynamic industry.