Our ECAL-CORA Department Manager programme is a work-study course delivered through a professionalization contract.
It lasts a total of 48 weeks made up of:
- 24 weeks studying at the School;
- 24 weeks’ work experience with CORA.
The “Study” weeks are organised in 4 main modules:
Module 1: Managing a hypermarket department
You will learn about the hypermarket environment, its specific features and challenges:
- The sector, the firm and marketing activities;
- Understanding food and non-food products;
- Hypermarket services;
- Supplier issues.
You will also acquire marketing tools and techniques to help you grow your department’s business:
- Retail marketing;
- Point-of-scale promotions and communication.
Module 2: Assessing the department’s performance
You will learn how to measure your results and manage them more effectively:
- Management control tools;
- Key performance indicators;
- Standards and regulations.
Module 3: Techniques and tools for team managment
You will develop the managerial and business skills needed to fulfil your future responsibilities:
- Interpersonal communication and team work;
- Personal development tools and techniques;
- Leadership and team management;
- Negotiating techniques;
- English for business.
Module 4: Coursework and assessment
You will be assessed by traditional exams and real-life simulation exercises:
- Induction seminar;
- Case studies;
- Dissertation and presentation;
- Continuous assessment;