The Specialised Master Masternova course is organised in two phases of 6 months each over a total of 12 months:
- from September to February, courses in Life Sciences and the fundamentals of Management,
- from March to September, industry placement of at least 6 months, which leads to a professional Thesis
The classes are mostly held at AgroParisTech in Paris 15th district and also at NEOMA Business School, Reims Campus.
The course comprises 600 hours and draws on the recognised expertise of faculty at AgroParisTech and at NEOMA Business School as well as expert speakers from the professional world.
The theoretical programme (6 months) combines technology and management:
- Induction Seminar
- Career plan
- Accounting management, financial analysis and innovative financial tools
- Marketing Strategy
- Plant and animal scientific bases
- Competitive monitoring
- Innovation process in agriculture
- Project management
- Professional immersion
- Sensorial assessment
- Public speaking and conflict management
- Sustainable Development
- Non-food uses of agricultural products ans biomass
- Strategic marketing: applicationto the case of functional food
- Food development: technology and innovation
- Intellectual property
- European and food law
- Medecine development: from conception to commercialisation
- Management control
- Marketplace Simulation
Alongside seminars, you will develop an innovative product during Proj'Innov® in teams.
PROJ’INNOV®, a highlight of the curriculum:
- A new product developed by the team, including analysis of its technological, commercial and strategic feasibility, and the creation of a Business Plan.
- Presentation of the written document in English,
- Progress monitoring through methodology sessions and individual coaching.
The Professional Thesis
A real action plan for a real problem leading to the development of concrete proposals enabling everyone to immediately apply the concepts and tools acquired during the programme. You will be accompanied by an academic tutor and a tutor within your host organisation.
The industrial placement
In line with the objectives of Masternova, the industrial placement is a real launchpad. Lasting at least 6 months, it can be carried out in a food, pharmaceutical, or biotechnology firm, a research and development or technology transfer organisation, a consulting company or a start-up company.