A curriculum built around 3 key phases
The curriculum is set up around 3 different phases lasting 6 months each. The combination of these 3 phases covers the skillset that is essential for an executive manager: analysis, strategy and change management.
Phase 1: Being able to make a 360° analysis of the company and its competitive environment
You will develop the first skill of an executive manager: making a comprehensive analysis of your company’s situation. During this first phase, you will participate in:
- 5 seminars (Strategic analysis, Financial analysis, IS analysis, Logistics and Supply Chain analysis, HR and organisation analysis).
- An international immersion programme in China (Shanghai and Beijing). This study tour, which alternates between teaching company visits, will help you to better understand the challenges of globalisation and international business.
Phase 2: Developing, modernising and financing new strategies for your organisation
Your teams and your shareholders expect you to provide a vision, strategy, outlook and high-level performance. You will be able to analyse strategic innovations, compare business models and outline new strategic scenarios.
During this second phase, you will participate in:
- 5 seminars (Entrepreneurship and company creation, Strategic Management and the executive management profession, company financing, Big Data, Marketing decisions)
- An international immersion programme in California (San Francisco and Silicon Valley) where through a course at UC Berkeley, visits to incubators and companies like Google, SalesForce and Oracle you will learn how to introduce, finance, and manage innovation.
- A seminar at Imperial College (London): Managing Innovation.
Phase 3: Succeeding with company changes and transformations
As soon as a strategy is adopted, it must be effectively implemented. In your practices you must integrate communication, change management, negotiation, and the posture of an entrepreneur and/or executive manager.
- 5 seminars (Organisational Design and sustainable development and social responsibility of companies, Effective change management, Negotiation success, Transformative Leaderships, Integrated corporate management)
- A leadership programme with the French Naval Commandos on the naval base in Lorient where you will learn about the importance of effective and simple communication when a team is facing danger, fatigue, or simply the unknown.
Personalising your personal development path
4 personal develop paths led by professional specialising in career management are offered, depending on your professional goals:
- "Career" PATH: to prepare your transition into another sector or another company.
- "Assertiveness" PATH: to assert yourself in the new functions as executive manager at your current company
- "Company creation/takeover" PATH: to create or take over a company
- "Transition and consulting manager" PATH: to explore the field of transition management and add the expertise of a consultant to the 360° vision of the company.
Thematic workshops focused on the current issues facing managers and the needs expressed by the students are also included in the curriculum (relational intelligence of managers, personal branding, suing social media, public speaking, etc.).